09:00 Registration Open
09:30 Economical Part – B2B meeting
Welcome and introduction of the Forum: Jozef Goebels, steering committee Forum
Economic Relations between Romania and Belgium with focus on business opportunities
Some stories of companies / challenges
- VPK Packaging Group, a pioneering packaging supplier – Loredana Suiugan, HR Manager.
- Ebury, Financial solutions to grow your business – Chris Taprantzis, Sales Team leader & Constantin Ghita, Senior Sales.
- BioRacer / Racetex, speed wear producer – Anca Stoicevici, Administrator:.
- Van Moer Logistics – Jeff Merckx, Country Manager.
- BEROBA/BEROCC, Belgian Chamber of Commerce – Alain Schodts, Executive Director.
- Timis Chamber of Commerce.
- FIT, Flanders Investment and Trade – Nicoleta Chirila, Acting Agent of post.
- AWEX, Wallonia Export-Investment Agency – Anne Defourny, Economic and Commercial Counsellor.
- ADR-Vest, Regional Development Agency West Romania – Raluca Cibu-Buzac, Director Direcția Politici Regionale și Internaționalizare ADR Vest.
Alain Schodts, Executive Director BEROCC.
10:45 Coffee Break
11:15 Economical Part continued
Economic Relations between Romania and Belgium with focus on business opportunities – continued
Collaboration with university – spinoffs (Innovative University and entrepreneurship)
- Collaboration between companies and university: Unifiedpost – Ciprian Man, Country Manager Romania
- Start-ups and entrepreneurship: business attractiveness and EU projects: European Academy Romani – Tommaso Busini, CEO
- Erasmus program: short introduction and possibilities for students and professors: West University of Timisoara – Oana-Roxana Ivan, Director Department for International Relations & Cristina Cojocaru, Head of Erasmus Office
Scientific exchange and innovation
- Economical mission to Romania in 2019 of 160 students and 14 professors from the university college “HELMo Sainte-Marie” in Liège, David Royaux, delegate Wallonia-Bruxelles
- Signed protocol of the scientific exchange program 2019-2020 between the Romanian Academy, Wallonia-Brussels and The National Fund of Scientific Research, David Royaux, delegate Wallonia-Bruxelles, Belgium
Alain Schodts, Executive Director BEROCC.
12:30 B2B Lunch.
13:30 Registration open.
14:00 Opening of the Forum
President Timis County Council, Mr. Calin Dobra / Prefect Timis County, Mrs. Eva-Georgeta Andreas / Ambassador of the Kingdom Belgium in Romania, Mr. Philippe Benoit / Romanian representative.
General introduction by the organizers
Jozef Goebels, steering committee Forum
14:20 Keynote speakers
What is the position of Romania with regard to Europe
Europuls, Centrul de Expertiza EuropeanaDumitru Oprițoiu, Project Manager Europuls
Need of reform Primary Health Care services in rural areas
- The example of telemedicine implemented in the public emergency services – Dr. Raed Arafat, State Secretary Ministry of Internal Affairs
- The Slatina-Timis documented Case Study with accent on where “added value” is brought and how they are penalized by the Health Insurance
- Mother and child services “Project prenatal care and postpartum care in disadvantaged communities in Romania” – Prof. Dr. Cristian Furau, Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad with expertise in Obstetrics, Gynaecology
Cristina Vladu & Ioan Suru
The 16:00 Coffee Break
16:30 “30 Years after”: opportunities and challenges
- Film: “Un premier regard” (“A First Look”) on a first visit of a convoy in 1990 to understand the situation – Michel Debacker, OVR W-B. With short testimonials
- Relation Belgium – Romania 1989-2019, central and decentral – Ana Iriciuc, historian specialized in Belgian – Romanian relations
- Decentralized Cooperation: what’s in a name? Speaker – Johan Degrieck, former mayor De Panne, Belgium
- Introduction to the exhibition “30 years ADR-Vlaanderen” – Lettice Michiels
18:00 Closing of the day – David Royaux, delegate Wallonia-Bruxelles, Belgium
19:30 Cultural and Network event – together with BEROCC
- Europalia Romania 2019-2020 – Dacia Exposition in Gallo-Roman museum Tongeren, Belgum: Lili Radulescu, Vatra Limburg/ADR
- Timisoara Cultural Capital 2021 – promotion film
- Cultural event – Music
- Reception and networking – Belgian beers and Romanian wines, Belgian chocolates
- There are different workshops. Participants can choose two workshops, one in the morning and one in the afternoon
- You find more details on the workshops here
08:30 Registration Open
09:00 Morning workshops
1. Burn prevention
2. Civil Society
3. Social Economy
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
14:00 Afternoon workshops
5. Telemedicine services
6. Youth initiatives
7. Innovative Education
8. Communes & Intercommunal Collaboration
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee Break
17:30 Closing of the workshops
19:00 Dinner of the friendship
10:00 Evaluation and conclusions of the 7th Forum
- Suggestions for the future
14:00 – 16:00 Touristic events
- Organized by County Timis
- Historical Guided City Tour Timisoara (walking)
- Registration needed